2023-24 North Middlesex Minor Hockey Association Coaching Application
North Middlesex District Minor Hockey Association takes pride in having coaches who want to be positive role models while teaching the love of the game to our Jr. Stars players. We have opened our coaching applications for the 2023-24 hockey season.Please see the link below for anyone interested in becoming a HEAD coach for the 2023-23 North Middlesex Minor Hockey Season. The Head Coach selects all Assistant Coaches, Trainers and Managers.
Click here to apply
All Team practice & game ice times will be very similar to the 2022-23
Coaching applications closes: May 15, 2023Coaching Responsibilities & Duties Included:
• Responsible for the overall operation of the assigned team
• Ensure the objectives of the North Middlesex District Minor Hockey Association (NMDMHA), as stated in the Policies and Procedures Manual and Constitution of NMDMHA, are met
• Ensure the guidelines/procedures stated in the Manual of Operations of the Ontario Minor Hockey Association (OMHA) or Ontario Women's Hockey Association (OWHA) are met
• Strengthen overall hockey skills and develop the life skills of each player on the assigned team
• Coaches will also be the spokesperson for the team and represent the team at all meetings and related functions
• At all times, a coach shall set a positive example in all respects (sportsmanship, manners, respect for others, dress, speech) to all members of the assigned team
• Coaches will be responsible for ensuring that all team members follow the NMDMHA and the OMHA/OWHA code of conduct
• Coaches are encouraged to create an environment that is aligned with the NMDMHA Mission Statement
• This position requires a Level of Certification as stated in the OMHA Manual of Operations
• All team bench staff must provide an acceptable police record check
• The position will report to the NMDMHA Coaches Committee.
• Performance may be reviewed at the end of each season.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with Darryl Timmermans